After 15 days of WordPress 3.0.1 released, I had made up my decision to upgrade my blog from WordPress 2.9.2 to 3.0.1 version. However, please backup all your current WordPress files and database before upgrade. This time of upgrade, I didn’t perform a manual upgrade. Instead, I use the automatic upgrade feature in WordPress. So, have you upgrade?
WordPress 3.0 Thelonius arrived and you can download it or upgrade from your current WordPress dashboard. A sexy new default theme called Twenty Ten is featured in this release to replace Kubrick theme including custom backgrounds, headers, shortlinks, menus, post types and taxonomies. Cut the crap and bla bla bla. Watch the video below.
I am excited with the new WordPress 3.0 Thelonius but I am holding back to upgrade my blog. How about you?
The first release candidate (RC1) for WordPress 3.0 is now made available to you. You can download WordPress 3.0 RC1 to test it out if you’re extra adventurous and brave enough. Some updates from WordPress you would like to know: –
- Custom menus are finished.
- Multi-site is all set.
- The look of the WordPress admin has been lightened up a little bit, so you can focus more on your content.
- There are a ton of changes, so plugin authors, please test your plugins now, so that if there is a compatibility issue, we can figure it out before the final release.
- Plugin and theme *users* are also encouraged to test things out. If you find problems, let your plugin/theme authors know so they can figure out the cause.
- There are a couple of known issues.
If you encounter a bug while testing this first release candidate, you can report it on the wp-testers mailing list and file a bug ticket on WordPress Trac. However, you can also join the dev chat and tell WordPress live at irc.freenode.net #wordpress-dev.
WordPress 2.9.2 is already out on Feb 15, 2010 which fixes problem where logged in users can peek at trashed posts belonging to other authors reported by Thomas Mackenzie. You should quickly download and upgrade to 2.9.2 version if you have untrusted registered users on your blog and sensitive post in your trash. I upgraded my blog today. How about you?