The first release candidate (RC1) for WordPress 3.0 is now made available to you. You can download WordPress 3.0 RC1 to test it out if you’re extra adventurous and brave enough. Some updates from WordPress you would like to know: –
- Custom menus are finished.
- Multi-site is all set.
- The look of the WordPress admin has been lightened up a little bit, so you can focus more on your content.
- There are a ton of changes, so plugin authors, please test your plugins now, so that if there is a compatibility issue, we can figure it out before the final release.
- Plugin and theme *users* are also encouraged to test things out. If you find problems, let your plugin/theme authors know so they can figure out the cause.
- There are a couple of known issues.
If you encounter a bug while testing this first release candidate, you can report it on the wp-testers mailing list and file a bug ticket on WordPress Trac. However, you can also join the dev chat and tell WordPress live at irc.freenode.net #wordpress-dev.